Lila, our 18-year-old long-haired cat had a message for us all about how to live one's last day, so I let her ghost-write this post.
1. Try to keep a normal schedule.
2. Stay hydrated.
3. Connect with the people you love.
4. Accept help: it's nice to have someone else brush your hair, when you can't do it.
5. Be assertive about what you want and don't want.
7. Keep engaged in what interests you: bird-watching.
8. Take naps.
9. Have no regrets.
10. Stay in the moment.
11. Accept all the love offered you.